Select one of the companies from the following list and investigate its commitment to and performance in sustainable business:
o Pepsi-Cola Company™
o Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.™
o Lowe’s®o Starbuck’s Coffee® Company
o Barnes & Noble®
o Amazon.com, Inc. ©
o Hewlett Packard Development Company, L.P. ©
o Dell Inc. ©
o The Walt Disney Company©
Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word paper in which you:
- Define sustainability.
- Explain why sustainability is important for financialsuccess.
- Evaluate the selected business in terms of sustainability, addressing the following:· Identify its financial and non-financial stakeholders.·
Describe how economic and non-economic business decisions may negatively or positively affect stakeholders.
Explain how those decisions may affect profits when stakeholder reactions are taken into account.· Identify ways in which the selected business is succeeding and ways in which it is falling short in terms of sustainability.·
Compare the selected business to other businesses within the same industry in terms of sustainability. Consider at least one of the following:
- Commitment to environmental issues
- Company and employee relations
- Commitment to the communities in which the company operates
- Product design
Create a sustainability strategy for the selected business:
- Identify ways in which it may expand upon current or past sustainability successes.
- Identify opportunities for turning sustainability shortcomings into areas of sustainability growth.
- Identify ways to improve stakeholder relationships.
- Explain how specific actions and policies must be implemented.